Privacy Friendly Pain Diary App
Privacy Friendly Pain Diary is an Android application which can help you track and share your pain. It allows you to make daily diary entries recording your condition and the intensity, location, nature and time of the pain you feel, as well as the medication you take and additional notes. Records of your pain can help health professionals gain an insight into the pain you are experiencing.
The Privacy Friendly Pain Diary offers the following features:
- Tutorial and User Details
When the app is started for the first time, a tutorial is opened which explains the app's basic features. At the end of the tutorial, you will be asked to enter your user details (name, date of birth, gender). This step is optional and can be skipped. User details can also be entered or deleted at a later point in time.
- Calendar View
The main view of the app is a calendar. A new diary entry can be added and existing diary entries can be viewed by selecting a day in this calendar. There can only be one entry per day. Days for which entries already exist are marked in the calendar. Existing entries can be edited and deleted.
- Diary Entries
A new diary entry is created in seven steps. In every step, you are asked a question which you can (but do not have to) answer.
- How do you feel?
- How strong is your pain?
- Where do you feel the pain?
- What is the nature of your pain?
- When do you feel the pain?
- What medication are you taking?
- Do you have any additional comments?
- Data Export
Diary entries can be exported to PDF. You have to specify a period of time (marked by a start date and an end date) for which the entries are exported. You also have the option to share that PDF.
In the following points the Privacy Friendly Pain Diary App differs from other similar apps:
- Minimal amount of permissions
Privacy Friendly Pain Diary requires write access to your device’s storage if you wish to export your diary entries to PDF. All other features do not require any permissions.
- No advertisement
Many other free apps in the Google Play Store dazzle annoying advertising and also shortens battery life.
- Protection of privacy
Privacy Friendly Pain Diary requires write access to your device’s storage if you wish toexport your diary entries to PDF. All other features do not require any permissions.
Download the App
We offer several ways to download the app:
- Google Playstore (Feel free to provide feedback, see contact. We would be pleased to receive a positive rating if you like the app).
- F-Droid Store (The F-Droid Store is an open source software store where you can download the APK-file of the app. Apps installed that way won't receive any updates, unless you regularly download the newest version from the F-Droid website or use the official F-Droid Store App ).
- If you are interested in the development of apps or the source code, you can find it on Github.