We do research on security and privacy. Our focus is on humans and our society. We use the so-called ' human centered security and privacy by design' approach. We research methods for the development and evaluation of
- User-friendly security and privacy protection measures as well as
- Awareness, education and training measures especially for companies.
Our research group is very interdisciplinary in order to be successful. Among others, the group comprises scientists in computer science, mathematics, and psychology.
Our research results are published in a classical way. The measures developed in the course of our research can be downloaded free of charge from our website. The following list is a selection of the measures we have compiled so far:
- Secure communiation incl. phishing e-mail detection and message encryption: e.g. Awareness Poster, NoPhish Android App, TORPEDO, Teaching and training materials
- Protection of user accounts e.g. ACCESS, PassSec+, Awareness Tool, Awarness Poster,
- Privacy Protection: e.g. Privacy Friendly Apps
- Verifiable electronic elections: e.g. , BoRoVo
Our research is made possible through the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWI), Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection (BMJV), the German Research Foundation, Hessen State Ministry of Higher Education, Research and the Arts (HMWK) and through funding from the Horst Görtz Foundation as well as companies such as Micromate/Polyas. We received additional funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).