This site provides an overview of the current curriculum and theses. In addition to lectures and seminars, we also offer the Privacy Friendly App programming lab. This lab was already conducted at the TU Darmstadt. Accordingly, there are already a number of Privacy Friendly Android Apps that can be downloaded free of charge from the Google Play Store or F-Droid.
An overview of past, current and upcoming theses can be found here.
Current topics for possible theses:
- Identification of Mental Models e.g. in the context of various payment procedures
- Development and evaluation of a classification system for app permissions
- Developing and Evaluating Permission Interfaces (MockUps) e.g. for the Web Browser Extension Installation Process
- Replication Study: Replication of a previous study conducted within or outside the group
- Graphical passwords on the couch
- Automatic detection of inscure login on the web
- Analysing and comparing phishing education/awareness videos
- Analysing and comparing phishing education/awareness poster
- Evaluation of an existing QR-Code App with focus on phishing detection
- Comparing secure communication security indicators
A list of past, current and upcoming courses can be found here.