For support in various activities we are looking for Student Assistants
The SECUSO (Security, Usability and Society) research group is part of the Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB) at the KIT Department of Economics and Management. The focus of our research is on people: we want to investigate human factors in the areas of security and privacy in more detail. In doing so, we want to develop mechanisms that ensure the security and privacy of the users, and are are also very user-friendly. In addition, awareness and training materials for this topic are developed.
Possible fields of activity:
▪ Study design and collection of user data
▪ Data processing and statistical analysis using SPSS and/or R
▪ Literature research on various topics in the area of IT Security & Privacy
▪ Programming of privacy and security measures
▪ Support at events and workshops
Further details can be discussed with the contact person during a personal interview.
▪ independent, autonomous and structured working style
▪ interest in familiarizing yourself with new and constantly evolving topics
▪ basic knowledge of IT security (desirable, but not mandatory)
▪ experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS) or programming skills (e.g. Java) would be an advantage
▪ Various tasks with strong relation to real users
▪ Interdisciplinary work with overlap between psychology, computer science, design, and HCI
▪ Experience in scientific writing
▪ Opportunity to contribute to publications
The position can be started as soon as possible. Please send your meaningful application (CV, references, short cover letter (optional) and indication of the desired number of hours per month) via e-mail to email@example.com.
Faculty / Division:
Department of Economics and Management
Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB)
as soon as possible
- Contact Person: